Thursday, May 9, 2013

D-Landing it Up!

This last Tuesday Anthony and I spent the afternoon at D-land (that's Disneyland for all you non-native Californians) and we hit the park at like the best time... ever! The lines were non-existent and it was perhaps the first time in a long while where I didn't feel like I was being run over by strollers.


Our passes--sadly--are about to expire and we already both had the day off, so we spent three hours at the park and got to see some of the new features they've added this spring. 

When we loaded off the trams, I wanted to hit up the Cars Land racers, but as soon as we arrived at the entrance, loads of people were fleeing the scene and grumbling to the sound of "ride shut down... again!" What's with that ride by the way?  Does it shut down all the time or just when I want to ride it?

So, we left and headed to one of my favorite places.  Have you ever been to the Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar?  It's right next to the 'Napa-esque' vines and it's such a cool place to preview the latest happenings in Disney. Gosh, that sounded so nerdy... whatever.


Right now they're showcasing the new Fantasy Faire area by Sleeping Beauty's Castle and so naturally we read all about it and then headed over to check it out.


They have some cute stuff over there and I enjoyed looking at all the Disney architecture in the area.  We saw their live production of the retelling of the Tangled story--which I thought would be lame and only went to be nice to Anthony and then I ended up really liking it.  Always a plus.  


We then strolled around Fantasy land for a little and we rode the Teacups.  I don't normally enjoy these as I tend to have motion sickness, but Anthony promised not to spin us around too fast.  



Oh, and last but certainly not least, I pinched Iron Man's booty... :) Or at least I made it look like I did.  Hee hee. 


- Chanell




No comments:

Post a Comment