Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hidden Land & Banana Pancakes

These next few days are my last official days of vacation and I'm doing everything I can to live it up! Last night, with the help of the Heffernams, we discovered the hidden land inside Disneyland- ElecTRONica!


Complete with a "bar," arcade and rave-like dance area, there's no doubt that Disneyland is desperately trying to appeal to the teenage age group. It's truly an experience to say the least.


No doubt... no doubt the adventure was more for the boys than Andrea and I. When we first arrived we watched as they stood to the side with wide eyes and huge goofy smiles. I so enjoy seeing happy boys, even if it's over ridiculously nerdy things.

Switching gears...


Then this morning, after sleeping in (glorious), I got up and made pancakes. Not just any pancakes. I made multigrain banana pancakes with Vermont maple syrup.... yummm!



When I wasn't working full-time (and had energy) I used to make pancakes almost every Saturday morning. Then... I got tired. And my pancake-making dishes became sad, because they were no longer in use.

Today the 2-cup Pyrex rejoiced because she was useful! (And so pretty.)


And the metal spatula was elated, because he had purpose! (I may have seen Beauty and the Beast too many times. I shall neither admit this nor deny it.)

And most importantly, my husband was happy, because he had multigrain banana pancakes in his tummy!

2 comments:

  1. We love going to Disneyland with you guys. It's so much fuuuuun!! And those pancakes look sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were oh so delicious.

    And D w/the Heffs is the best.

    ReplyDelete