Saturday, June 9, 2012

Yearbook Affirmations

There's 1.5 days of school left... which means on Tuesday my 8th graders will be graduating and heading off to high school.  Sniff sniff.  This also means Monday they'll be passing out the yearbooks and all of my students will be asking, "Mrs. Friedman, will you sign my yearbook?" 

I never have enough time to leave really inspirational and uplifting affirmations in their yearbooks.  So, this year I decided to write notes for my 8th graders ahead of time.


I bought this great 50 notecards pack at Target for $9.99 (such a great deal) and I'm using my PaperMate Flair Felt tip pens.  These pens are THE BEST by the way and you should totally get them if you love pens.  They're on Amazon here.


So I've written a really sweet note on each card and I've been able to really think about everything I want to say to them before they leave me. This note is for Tara.  She's a great kid.


I also cut the flap off the envelope so I can tape it to their yearbooks and they'll be able to just slide the notecard out.  Plus, like how fun will it be to have something taped in the yearbook?


They're so colorful too.  I'm really excited about slipping them into their yearbooks and then seeing the look on their faces when they see how intentional I'm being about signing their yearbooks.

Okay, here goes... 1.5 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment